My Seasonal Products of Poison Ivy Salve, Mosquito-b-Gone and my Natural & Organic Sunscreen lotion bars have been in stores for about 2 weeks now.
Actually, at the time I started writing this I had stock on my mosquito-b-gone but as of this past weekend all of my mosquito-b-gone lotion bars are already out of stock. More will be made this week and back in stock. This brings me to highlight my Mosquito-b-Gone...
Anyone that uses any kind of bug spray should really read the ingredients.
- Most conventional bug sprays for personal use are laced with N,N-Diethyl-m-toluamide, or DEET, as it's commonly known. DEET, which is designed to repel, rather than kill insects has been linked to neurological problems; just to state a few FACTS, according to the EPA, at least 18 different cases of children suffering adverse neurological effects were reported and who knows how many others that go under reported or unreported.
My Mosquito-b-Gone ingredients are all non-toxic with very simple herbs that nature has provided to help with those pesky little buggers - no pun intended during our summertime.
My lotion bars are even more effective at keeping bugs away than regular bug spray. The bars coat the skin with a protective layer, it also nourishes and moisturizes. No drying of skin like those conventional bug sprays.
Ingredients: organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil infused with peppermint, catnip mint, eucalyptus, lavender, lemongrass, lemon balm, rosemary, shea butter, neem oil, with a special blend of essential oils, candelilla wax and vitamin E.
My special blend of essential oils list was too long to add on my label so just made it as a special blend but here are the actual ingredients, Citronella, Eucalyptus, Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Lavender, Litsea, Patchouli, Catnip, Geranium Rose.
Benefits & Features:
- It Smells nice! It doesn't have that synthetic citronella candle scent because it is real citronella essential oil.
- organic and naturally grown ingredients
- DEET free
- Vegetable and plant based ingredients
- Safe and gentle does not cause any neurological problems.
- Neem oil is an excellent "smelly" oil that repels not just mosquitoes but ticks and fleas as well.
- Garlic capsules also help repel insects by making the skin smell unattractive to bugs.
Someone asked me why I do not make my Mosquito-b-Gone in a spray bottle. Well, like all of my products, none contain water and in order not to use any type of preservative no water can be added to it. Once you add water to any lotion, or spray then a preservative must be added - a chemical one for that matter- in order for mold NOT to grow.
Also, I would have to use a plastic spray bottle and I will not use any plastic "green" by-product for my products. Plastic is not "green" nor natural- it's a petroleum product. When the plastic bottle gets heated in someway it will always release chemicals into whatever is inside. NO THANK YOU!
You can make your own bug spray using organic essential oils with water and spray it, but after 24 to 48 hours mold will start to develop. So you need to use it up fairly quickly.
To complement my mosquito-b-gone, don't forget ouchy grouchy salve in case you have forgotten your mosquito-b-gone at home.Ouchy Grouchy Salve is an excellent first aid that brings relief to any skin inflammation and helps with all kinds of stings. Stops those bumps and itching from mosquitoes. It works wonderfully on drawing out poisons from wasp, bees and other stings. Both are a great have for summertime fun.